From: Robert Sanders <rob-lists@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] System knockout :-(
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 05:38:02
1 On Tuesday 06 April 2004 07:35 pm, Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote:
2 > I had several HDD faults with drives from IBM/Hitachi within 5 weeks (!).
3 > Don't want to say that every Hitachi disk is 100% bad, but I think I will
4 > think twice the next time I will buy one of these...
5
6 I had 10 WD's fail in a 2 week period, all JB series. Right now, there are
7 about 200 IBM drives in service for over the last year, very rarely a failure
8 not even 10 total.
9
10 If we all shared our failure story's, there wouldn't be a hard drive left to
11 buy. WD did take care of our last batch fairly well, better than if we call
12 them about a single failure. Yes, I still use both, plus a few maxtor and a
13 handfull of seagate. They all do about the same thing, minus the odd batch
14 or rare model defect.
15
16 Rob
20 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list