From: Heikki Levanto <heikki@×××.dk>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] blocking SSH probes
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:05:27
1 On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 01:24:39AM -0500, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > The problem with this is that I need to be able to connect from wherever I
3 > happen to be when I need to connect. I have to have port 22 open to the
4 > world.
5
6 I think your approach should work. I have done something else: My port
7 22 is open for special hosts only. If I need to log in from an unknown
8 host, I connect to a totally unrelated port, where ssh is also
9 listening. Nobody seems to scan that unrelated port...
10
11 -H
14 Heikki Levanto "In Murphy We Turst" heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk
18 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list