From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] [OT?] automatically firewalling off IPs
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:55:50
On Sunday 02 October 2005 23:10, Jeremy Brake wrote:
> Hey all, > > I'm looking for an app/script which can monitor for failed ssh logins, > and block using IPTables for $time after $number of failed logins (an > exclusion list would be handy as well) so that I can put a quick stop to > these niggly brute-force ssh "attacks" I seem to be getting more and > more often. > > Anyone have any ideas? > > Thanks, Jeremy B
and what do you do, if they spoof your gateway/router/nameservers ip? If you use key-based authentifiction, you shouldn't have to fear brute-force attemps... and as the others wrote, changing the port, may also help a bit. -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] [OT?] automatically firewalling off IPs xyon <xyon@×××××××××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-security] [OT?] automatically firewalling off IPs Alec Joseph Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>