From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] [OT?] automatically firewalling off IPs
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:55:50
1 On Sunday 02 October 2005 23:10, Jeremy Brake wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for an app/script which can monitor for failed ssh logins,
5 > and block using IPTables for $time after $number of failed logins (an
6 > exclusion list would be handy as well) so that I can put a quick stop to
7 > these niggly brute-force ssh "attacks" I seem to be getting more and
8 > more often.
9 >
10 > Anyone have any ideas?
11 >
12 > Thanks, Jeremy B
13
14 and what do you do, if they spoof your gateway/router/nameservers ip?
15 If you use key-based authentifiction, you shouldn't have to fear brute-force
16 attemps... and as the others wrote, changing the port, may also help a bit.
17 --
18 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list