From: Christian Spoo <mail@××××××××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] chkrootkit report
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:16:42
1 Alex Efros schrieb:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Below is example of report which I received from chkrootkit. What's the
5 > goal of listing all these .keep and .packlist files? There a lot of them,
6 > and this make report hard to read. I've checked some of these files -
7
8 Hi!
9
10 The .keep files are used by Portage to prevent directories from being
11 deleted while unmerging some packages. Whenever a directory should be
12 kept (therefore the filename!) an empty .keep file is created so that
13 Portage thinks that the folder is still used.

mail.vcf text/x-vcard
signature.asc application/pgp-signature