From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Re: Gentoo TOTALLY secure now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:38:30
1 On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 01:31:24PM -0500 or thereabouts, Chris Frey wrote:
2 > Why? The patch Peter posted looked pretty straightforward. It's even simpler
3 > than I thought it would have to be. I don't understand why it won't work.
4
5 Peter has indicated that signed snapshots will not be sufficient to
6 mitigate this risk in his eyes. He is still demanding that another
7 solution be implemented.
8
9 > If it is server load, it is my understanding that this script only runs maybe
10 > twice a day. Is that correct?
11
12 The signed snapshots script actually only runs once a day. There is no
13 concern that it will add too much load. There is only a question on what
14 Peter feels will be "enough".
15
16 --kurt