From: abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] gpg-agent not setting environment correctly.
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:37:33
On Friday 11 Nov 2005 7:52 am, you wrote:
> I don't think you need unstable versions of gnupg and pinentry. I'm using > stable versions and they work ok. gpg-agent OTOH is still ~x86 masked I > guess. >
Ok so I now emerged the stable packages and unmerged the hard masked packages but still the same problem.
> have you checked that gpg-agent is indeed running? do a ps -C gpg-agent?
I passed the command you mentioned and gpg-agent is running.
> it it is not running (this will sound ugly but it has a purpose) have you > tried logging out and in again from kde? the gpg-agent is started when > users log into kde sessions (remember /usr/kde/3.4/env/
Actually I was so desperate that even restarted the system. Doesn't help. I followed the instructions on this page When I pass the command "echo "test" | gpg -ase -r 0xDEADBEEF | gpg" as mentioned on the page, I get an error that says "gpg: problem with the agent - disabling agent use". Seems as though gpg-agent is not allowing connections. Anyways to solve this problem. I am completely stumped. Abhay -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list