From: Joey McCoy <ixion@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Weird Network and Portage Digest Issues
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:17:35
1 Hey guys,
2
3 I thought maybe these issues were related to my home systems, but I've
4 noticed the same problems here at work today.
5
6 Over the weekend while doing emerges, I noticed that downloads during
7 emerge would just freeze and not resume. I could kill the emerge, restart
8 it, and the download would complete. But then the other issue is that 85%
9 - 95% of all files downloaded while emerging end up with digest errors. I
10 delete the file, re-run emerge, and it works fine (sometimes).
11
12 What is going on here? Is there some new DoS causing the downloads to
13 hang? If so, what's up with the bad digests? I haven't noticed any new
14 attacks in my IDS logs, but I haven't been paying much attention to my
15 firewall logs.. could there be some exploit intercepting emerge downloads?
23 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list