From: Chris Frey <cdfrey@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: Trojan for Gentoo, part 2
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:31:51
1 On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 09:16:11PM +0100, Alexander Holler wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after 1.5 years (2 years after the bug could could found in bugzilla) it
5 > seems that one of the highest security risks is closed. At least I've
6
7 1.5 years is a long time to figure out how to sign an ebuild. It puzzles
8 me that there is such resistence to these security steps, and not just
9 in Gentoo.
10
11 Maybe in 1.5 years checking signed ebuilds will be the rule instead of
12 the exception. :-)
13
14 Thanks for the reminder Alexander.
15