From: Steven G Davis <sgdavis@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Kernels and GLSAs
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:22:16
Marius Mauch wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:16:36 -0500 > "Brian G. Peterson" <brian@×××××××××.com> wrote: > >>I subscribe to the GLSA RSS feed, and scan that feed manually against >>my installed software list. The glsa-check tool is basically useless >>(as of gentoolkit-0.2.1_pre7), as it shows all GLSAs rather than just >>GLSAs for tools that correspond to packages installed on the system >>it is run on. > > Can you explain this a bit more? glsa-check hasn't actually changed for > a long time. Also make sure you don't confuse the --list option with > the --test option. >
I don't have any problems with the glsa-check program, I think you are just forgetting to use the --test mode. I would have liked a way to get the title of the program printed out along with the GLSA advisory #, so I wrote a very simple shell script to do just that: Steve #! /bin/bash # Script written by Steven Davis (sgdavis@×××××××.com) # Created on: April 13, 2005 # Description: Very simple shell script that uses glsa-check # in --test mode and then translates the GLSA # into an # actual program title. It isn't perfect but it works, # No warranty implied :) # for i in `glsa-check -t all`; do if [ -e /usr/portage/metadata/glsa/glsa-$i.xml ] then echo $i; cat /usr/portage/metadata/glsa/glsa-$i.xml | grep title; fi done -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list