From: Rod Moffitt <rodlist@×××.info>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Cc: Mateusz Neumann <mete0@××.pl>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Do I need to rebuild things after upgrading ssl?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:09:58
1 revdep-rebuild 'sounds' nice, yet it appears to scan ALL files on ALL of
2 my mounts. Shouldn't it only scan files that were installed as part of
3 gentoo packages?
4
5 I ran this on an NFS server, hosting files for other machines, and it
6 uselessly was checking files that had nothing to do with the gentoo
7 install on the server. It appears to use find to locate files, it really
8 should only scan files that were installed from packages.
9
10 - Rod
14 Rod Moffitt / _ \/ __ \/ _ \ (_)__ / _/__
15 http://rod.info / , _/ /_/ / // / / / _ \/ _/ _ \
18 ~ Where loved ones are remembered http://memoriam.org ~
19