From: Simon Maurer <gentroid@××××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] selinux + systemd
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 18:09:44
1 Sorry, wrong mailing list.
4 On 06/20/2015 07:49 PM, Simon Maurer wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 > I tried to use selinux with systemd, but without much success. Looks
7 > like the whole transitioning is broken. (Most daemons are stuck in the
8 > init_t domain) What I don't understand is, while more and more disros
9 > switching to systemd, it seems like there is still no working selinux
10 > policy with systemd support. So how do other distros support selinux?
11 >
12 > While I'm tying to figure this selinux thingy out, a few questions came
13 > to mind:
14 > Most packages with the selinux use flag are just pulling their reference
15 > policy module as a dependency. Wouldn't it be better to use the seinux
16 > flag only for packages which are linked against libselinux and use
17 > instead a SELINUX_MODULES variable in the make.conf file (similar to
18 > APACHE2_MODULES)?
19 >
20 > The tresys reference policy uses the distro_gentoo directive, but AFAIK
21 > it only affects openrc stuff. So shouldn't it be renamed to init_openrc?
22 >
23 > Best regards,
24 > Simon