From: Dan Noe <dpn@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Out of air (was: Let's blow the whistle)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:38:38
1 On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:26:19AM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
2 > Jason Stubbs writes:
3 >
4 > > To be honest, I think the whole thread has achieved
5 > > nothing.
6 >
7 > I beg to differ. It has achieved that everyone who's
8 > interested can now see quite clearly how the priorities of
9 > Gentoo Linux are. I am not really judging your priorities.
10 > It's free software. You can do whatever you want.
11
12 To echo the concerns of others, you have the right idea but
13 the wrong attitude. Gentoo is a free software project,
14 composed of hobbyists. Unlike Red Hat or SuSE, Gentoo remains
15 a hobbyist distro. Nobody can put aside their job or life
16 to work fulltime on fixing these bugs, but your contributions
17 are important, provided they are ultimately useful.
18
19 I too think this thread has achieved nothing other than to
20 annoy users and developers. A solution was already in the works,
21 but brash attitudes and reaction to them stalemated any further
22 discussion.
23
24 The discussion was not in the spirit of "Open Source."
28 | Dan Noe, freelance hacker
29 | http://isomerica.net/