From: Raymond den Ouden <r.denouden@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Gentoo security policy
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:42:00
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2
3 >On Tuesday 23 March 2004 13:29, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
6 >>On Thursday 18 March 2004 23:22, Tom Geiger wrote:
9 >>>Stijn Vander Maelen wrote:
10 >>>| On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 16:42, Raymond den Ouden wrote:
11 >>>|> I like to say that also I seem to miss some mails, also I get
12 >>>|> from time to time a mailinglist bounce message telling me that an
13 >>>|> x number of messages have been bounced :-( while my server has
14 >>>|> been online at that time and has never been bouncing mail from
15 >>>|> the mailinglist actively.
16 >>>|
17 >>>| Same here. i also get bounce messages on a regular basis, mostly
18 >>>| from gentoo-user but from other gentoo-* lists as well.
19 >>>
20 >>>I wanted to also point out that I've sent several emails back to
21 >>>gentoo-security-owner regarding the bounces, with no responses.
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >>Try to send it to cybersystem@g.o. You could maybe add
25 >>klieber@g.o to the cc's as he is the leader of infrastructure.
26 >>I'm sure that as time permits we will try to avoid spamfilters, but
27 >>broken spamfilters are also your own (or your companies)
28 >>responsibility.
32 >Don't forget dmwaters@g.o ;-)
33 >
34 This problem is not only triggered by spam-filters, my spamfilter does
35 not bounce but put the spam in an alternate folder which I always read,
36 but the bounces sometimes are moaning about the server not being
37 reachable, while I know for sure that it was online and reachable.
38
39 I have subscribed myself to gentoo-dev and will re-subscribe to
40 gentoo-server etc, and when the bounces re-appear I reply them to owner
41 and the folks you mentioned. Big difference now is that I moved my mx to
42 my co-located server in amsterdam in stead of my home ADSL hosted
43 server, so maybe that will be a big difference because for a while I
44 couldn't reach the gentoo servers. It seemed to be that my IP was
45 rejected or something.
50 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list