From: sf <sf@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: How to make iptables log to a separate log file?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:46:34
1 Abhay Kedia wrote:
2 ...
3 > Yes and this is why I want them to be logged separately. Thanks to the helpful
4 > replies by everyone, I have been able to log iptables log to a separate file
5 > but the problem still remains.
6 >
7 > /var/log/messages is getting flooded by iptables log. I can't see any helpful
8 ...
9
10 Use
11
12 flags(final);
13
14 in syslog-ng's log entry for iptables and put this log entry before all
15 others in syslog-ng.conf.
16
17 (The man page for syslog-ng.conf is incomplete. For detailed
18 documentation read /usr/share/doc/syslog-ng-1.6.8-r1/syslog-ng.txt.gz.)
19
20 Regards
21 Stephan
24 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list