From: Noah K Tilton <binaural@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: hackers
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:57:37
On 10/11/05, Erik Anderson <erikerik@×××××.com> wrote:
> On 10/11/05, APerez@×××.ca <APerez@×××.ca> wrote: > > > > I have a question: > > > > Is there an application/program which can send an email whenever this > > ssh attack happen? > > You've already received a few other suggestions, but I thought I'd > throw my personal favorite into the mix: > > > > An ebuild was recently added for denyhosts, but it's masked currently > (~x86). I'm using it on many servers and haven't run into any > problems as of yet. > > -Erik > > -- > gentoo-security@g.o mailing list > >
I hacked up a little something to do exactly that--send emails... You might think it sucks, but hey, I'm an amateur! It does work, though... :-) Be forewarned that it relies upon a rather strict set of requirements--ruby, syslog-ng, and qmail. It could concievably be modified to fit other modes, but why wouldn't you want to use that combination? It's the best... /NKT -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] Re: hackers Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>