From: Noah K Tilton <binaural@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: hackers
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:57:37
1 On 10/11/05, Erik Anderson <erikerik@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 10/11/05, APerez@×××.ca <APerez@×××.ca> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I have a question:
5 > >
6 > > Is there an application/program which can send an email whenever this
7 > > ssh attack happen?
8 >
9 > You've already received a few other suggestions, but I thought I'd
10 > throw my personal favorite into the mix:
11 >
12 > http://denyhosts.sf.net
13 >
14 > An ebuild was recently added for denyhosts, but it's masked currently
15 > (~x86). I'm using it on many servers and haven't run into any
16 > problems as of yet.
17 >
18 > -Erik
19 >
20 > --
21 > gentoo-security@g.o mailing list
25 I hacked up a little something to do exactly that--send emails... You
26 might think it sucks, but hey, I'm an amateur! It does work, though...
27 :-)
28
29 http://transplant.dyndns.org/sv/strange_vagaries_codex/rubysyslog-ng-qmail-inject-handler/
30
31 Be forewarned that it relies upon a rather strict set of
32 requirements--ruby, syslog-ng, and qmail. It could concievably be
33 modified to fit other modes, but why wouldn't you want to use that
34 combination? It's the best...
35
36 /NKT
39 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list