From: Christian Limberg <barneyman@×××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Should I change my password?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 00:54:54
1 Hi,
2
3 maybe you can emerge tools like chrootkit or rkhunter for checking your
4 box for intruders. Clearly, it wouldn't help, if someone has
5 'bruteforced' your password, but if an intruder came throu a vunerable
6 application and installed a rootkit or something like that, the tools
7 might help you.
8
9 Furthermore it is highly recommended, that your root-password contains
10 of a non-dictionay alpha-numeric (at least capitals, lower case letters
11 and numbers) 8 character long phrase.
12
13 Greetings Christian
14 --
15 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list