From: Danny <dannydaemonic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] If your interested
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:44:18
1 On 10/10/05, Christophe Garault <christophe@×××××××.org> wrote:
2 > This is exactly what fail2ban do. It's a very nice script written in
3 > python that can block an IP for an amount of time after several login
4 > attempts. It can monitor ssh and apache. Look at
5 > http://sourceforge.net/projects/fail2ban or directly emerge it as it is
6 > allready in Portage. I have it running for a couple of months and I must
7 > say that I'm very satisfied.
8
9 I don't see it in portage, is it under a different name? I see
10 denyhosts in portage, but that one doesn't seem to remove older bans
11 it added to the hosts.deny file. I'm not sure yet if Fail2Ban will do
12 this but Christophe Garault suggested it does.
15 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list