From: Matt Steven <matt@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Cc: Calum <gentoo-security@××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Idea for easily checking for security updates.
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:35:53
1 On Monday 09 February 2004 01:11 pm, Calum wrote:
2 > What I think would be a good idea is the creation and maintenance of say 4
3 > new virtual packages:
4 > remote-root
5 > remote-shell
6 > local-root
7 > remote-dos
8
9 I like the idea of
10
11 emerge -u security
12
13 But specifying what sort of security threat it is seems a waste of time, I
14 think for most of us a security hole is a security hole, and they should all
15 be patched asap.
16
17 There is a discussion relating to offering a more stable portage tree going on
18 in gentoo-server that might be of interest to you.
19
20 See the thread "QA or an unchanging portage tree?"
24 Matt Steven
25 GeniusWeb.com
26 (712)580-2983
29 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list