From: Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier@×××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] pam configuration for ssh
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:44:49
1 Hello.
2 I'm trying to have my sshd use only key-based auth while still taking
3 advantages of the PAM modules.
4 My sshd_config is config quite right but pam modules overwrite some of
5 those settings that deny password login. How should I modify this file
6
7 neuro root # cat /etc/pam.d/sshd
8
9 auth required pam_unix.so nullok
10 auth required pam_shells.so
11 auth required pam_nologin.so
12 auth required pam_env.so
13 account required pam_unix.so
14 password required pam_cracklib.so difok=3 retry=3 minlen=8 \
15 dcredit=2 ocredit=2 use_authtok
16 password required pam_unix.so shadow md5
17 session required pam_unix.so
18 session required pam_limits.so
19
20 I've shamelessy copied this from the gentoo security guide and, as it
21 was my understanding, it was supposed to deny password logins. Well it
22 doesn't. When I disable PAM in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, passwords are
23 disabled but as I said before I want to use PAM.
24 Some recommended reading on PAM would be nice, too :).
28 Adi
31 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list