From: Sean Cook <scook@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-security] hackers
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:37:13
1 Yes, you can set up triggers in syslog-ng that will trigger based on failed
2 ssh login attempts.
6 filter f_ssh_login_attempt {
7
8 program("sshd.*")
9
10 and match("(Failed|Accepted)")
11
12 and not match("Accepted (hostbased|publickey) for (root|zoneaxfr)
13 from (10.4.3.1)");
14
15 };
19 log {
20
21 source(src);
22
23 filter(f_ssh_login_attempt);
24
25 destination(mail-alert-perl);
26
27 };
28
29 destination mail-alert-perl { program("/usr/local/bin/syslog-mail-perl"); };
33 Sean
37 _____
38
39 From: APerez@×××.ca [mailto:APerez@×××.ca]
40 Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:22 AM
41 To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
42 Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] hackers
47 I have a question:
48
49 Is there an application/program which can send an email whenever this
50 ssh attack happen?
51
52 A few months ago I got 300 attempts which made me close ssh port
53 and stop using it for a while.
54
55 Thanks
56