From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] System knockout :-(
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 16:33:46
1 "Dan Podeanu" <pdan@×××××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > I would never buy a Samsung HDD, as I would never buy an HP switch,
4 > or an LG mobile phone.
5
6 well, at work we've moved over to Samsung Spinpoint drives. we've
7 had no losses of around 50 units over the last year. our general
8 experience is that there is no manufacturer to avoid, except
9 of course the old 75GXP and 60GXP series from IBM. :-)
10
11 harddrives die, that's what they do. the only question is when, and
12 that's pretty much a lottery. this is why you have backups and RAID
13 for important data.
16 Terje
19 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list