From: Henno Schooljan <gentoo@×××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] /proc vulnerability?
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:50:15
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "Helder Miguel Gaspar Rodrigues" <crash@××××.org>
3 To: <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
4 Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 11:43 PM
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] /proc vulnerability?
9 > I have gentoo-sources, how can i test if my kernel is vulnurable?
10 > I have already compiled the proof-of-concept code.
11 >
12 > Thanks in advance
15 This proof of concept code probably only works when your have MTRR support
16 enabled in the kernel (you won't have a /proc/mtrr file otherwise). But
17 since the bug seems to occur in numerous other places, some other exploit
18 targeting another piece of kernel code could work just fine. Corrent me if
19 I'm wrong.
20
21 regards,
22