From: Danny <dannydaemonic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Kernels and GLSAs
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:23:40
1 n 9/21/05, Kevin Bryan <bryank@××××××.edu> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > You might try regenworld, but run it with --help first so you know
6 > what is going to do. And be sure backup your world file first.
7 >
8 > - --Kevin
11 I wouldn't suggest that at all. According to the Gentoo Portage team
12 regenworld *isn't* for adding missing ebuilds to the world file. I
13 was doing an "emerge -up --deep world" and it was missing stuff, so I
14 thought regenworld should fix this -- wrong! It is just to be used as
15 a starter world file in a recovery situation, you'll still have to add
16 a lot of things to it manually and sometimes get rid of things that
17 you don't have installed.
20 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list