From: Danny <dannydaemonic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Kernels and GLSAs
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:23:40
n 9/21/05, Kevin Bryan <bryank@××××××.edu> wrote:
I wouldn't suggest that at all. According to the Gentoo Portage team regenworld *isn't* for adding missing ebuilds to the world file. I was doing an "emerge -up --deep world" and it was missing stuff, so I thought regenworld should fix this -- wrong! It is just to be used as a starter world file in a recovery situation, you'll still have to add a lot of things to it manually and sometimes get rid of things that you don't have installed. -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list