From: Chris Frey <cdfrey@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: update on signed snapshots
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:22:59
1 On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 05:16:27PM +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > The 2004.3 release stuff got me a bit side-tracked, but as of tomorrow, we
3 > should have the first officially signed snapshot available on our mirrors.
4 > For reference, the main mirror is here:
5 >
6 > http://gentoo.osuosl.org/snapshots/
7
8 Thanks!
9
10 > The GPG key ID is: D8BA32AA
11 >
12 > The fingerprint is: 8861 8228 9048 D40B 3C3B ADDA 6DC2 26AA D8BA 32AA
13 >
14 > It is currently available on (at least) pgp.mit.edu and keyserver.net. I
15 > haven't figured out a good place to post it on the web site, so I'm open to
16 > suggestions.
17
18 When I look for keys on the website, I usually look under any "security"
19 oriented links, or under the "about" link. I also look in any documents
20 describing the installation procedure, under "how to get XYZ software", etc.
21
22 Unfortunately, it usually takes me 15 minute or more to hunt down a key,
23 and sometimes I'm not successful. The closer it is to the main page,
24 the better, in my opinion.
25
26 - Chris
30 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list