From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-security List <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:28:22
1 Check out monmotha (in portage) if your requirements are a single
2 machine or small nat system (I have an adsl->gateway to two internal
3 lans, one coax, one 100m cat5)
4
5 There is also shorewall - people rave about it, but it seems to have a
6 spotty history (keep coming across emails implying that there have been
7 releases with security problems) and is overly complex for a small
8 system. I installed it, started to read the docs and configure it,
9 thought urrrkkkkk! and went back to monmotha and was back online in
10 minutes.
11
12 BillK
13