From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-security List <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:28:22
Check out monmotha (in portage) if your requirements are a single
machine or small nat system (I have an adsl->gateway to two internal
lans, one coax, one 100m cat5)

There is also shorewall - people rave about it, but it seems to have a
spotty history (keep coming across emails implying that there have been
releases with security problems) and is overly complex for a small
system.  I installed it, started to read the docs and configure it,
thought urrrkkkkk! and went back to monmotha and was back online in