From: "Łukasz C. Jokiel" <Lukasz.Jokiel@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] SSH probes
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:09:15
1 Adam Sroka napisał(a):
2 > Brian Micek wrote:
3 >
4 >> I don't think you understand what I'm proposing. I am currently
5 >> cat(1)ing /dev/urandom on TCP port 22 in hopes to discourage hackers
6 > It's roughly analogous to pointing a loaded shotgun at the door and
7 > tying a string to the trigger so that whoever opens the door gets shot.
8
9 Adam, he's not pointing a gun :).
10
11 The better analogy would be that he's put a sick dog standing by his door, and
12 someone tries to OPEN them not just knock. Kiddie tries few keys and then dog
13 starts to barf at him. If that would be a normal ssh client, he'd come clean,
14 but since it's a script kiddie - well...
15
16 If someone tries to root access via ssh on every IP - that's not knocking,
17 that's like checking all my doors.
21 -=[ Lukasz C. Jokiel ]=- | Klonex VCS, Zbozowa 27, 45-837 Opole.
22 CCNA/CCDA/CCCS; DOCSIS,CMTS,cable modems,ISD; Linux Cable Services
23 sys&net adm@××××××.pl | phone: +48774572901*116 | Skype: lcjoker
24 -=[ http://lukasz.jokielowie.com/ ]=-
25 --
26 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list