From: Ben Cressey <ben@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] courier-imap
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:11:44
1 On Friday, March 26, 2004 4:08, Joshua J. Berry wrote:
2 > AFAIK the security team waits to issue GLSAs until the new version is
3 released
4 > in the stable tree. The unstable version is out (see the bug), so you can
5 > grab that if you are seriously concerned.
6
7 I know about the GLSA release policy, though I am rather unconvinced by the
8 logic I've seen behind it.
9
10 However, I was under the impression that there was a concurrent safeguard in
11 place whereby ebuilds with known security flaws would be pulled from
12 portage. This would lead to errors when attempting to "emerge -pUD world"
13 and would at least be a strong indicator of a serious problem with a
14 package.
15
16 Ben
20 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list