From: bryank@××××××.edu
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] new ssh worm?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:26:31
1 It is in the default /etc/passwd from the rc-scripts-*.tar.bz2 in
2 baselayout.
3
4 That said, I'm still not sure why it exists there, as no files in that
5 package are owned by such a user, in fact, no file on my entire system
6 is owned by that user. Unless the person that put it there can tell us
7 why, I'd recommend removing it.
8
9 --Kevin
10