From: Aleksey V Lazar <lazar@××××.edu>
To: Pierre-Yves Rofes <py@g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-security@g.o" <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Security project meeting summary
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:21:42
1 Pierre-Yves Rofes wrote:
2 > On Mon, July 21, 2008 9:04 pm, Aleksey V Lazar wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello. Would it be reasonable to suggest adding a ~security (or
5 >> something like it) flag to denote packages masked for security reasons?
6 >>
7 >> Thanks.
8 >> Aleksey
12 > Hello,
13 >
14 > by "~security" you mean a keyword like ~x86 ? It's not a hardware
15 > architecture, so it wouldn't make much sense. But having a way to list
16 > masked packages for security reasons is indeed a good idea. The problem
17 > is finding how to do it "the right way".
20 > --
21 > Pierre-Yves Rofes
22 > Gentoo Linux Security Team
25 I was thinking more along the lines of adding a special mark to the list
26 that currently includes "~", "+" and "M". Let's say it would be "!".
27 This mark could then be used for package versions with security
28 problems. I don't know if this is technically possible, but I could see
29 "!" used in conjunction with the "~", "+" or "M" to alert/indicate a
30 security issue, like "~!", or "+!" or "M!". I think this is what I meant.
31
32 Thanks.
33 Aleksey
36 Aleksey V. Lazar