From: Brian Micek <bmicek@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] If your interested
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 04:13:40
1 Thank you very much for the link. I really wish I knew about these
2 sites before I developed my code.
3
4 Brian Micek
5
6 On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 20:59 +0800, Craig wrote:
7
8 > > Hey Brian,
9 > >
10 > > thanks for the scripts.
11 > > Just one idea for you: Why not publish these files on some internet page
12 > > and give us its URL? So you just update whenever you run into something
13 > > new and only have to put the files there. People who are interested
14 > > might check every week or so.
15 > >
16 > > Best regards
17 > > Dennis
18 >
19 > They already exist ...
20 >
21 > http://www.dayomon.net/fw/ .... txt file to copy into firewall script ..
22 > http://www.okean.com/iptables/rc.firewall.sinokorea ........ needs a little
23 > work as this one only drops port 25 as it stands.
24 >
25 > I use the first one and drop the lot into the firewall script on my little
26 > IPCop firewall. Firewall hits fell dramatically but as a home user I have no
27 > need for connections to this part of the world.
28 >
29 > Cheers,
30 > Craig.
31 >
32 > Kernel version: 2.6.13-gentoo-r3
33 > Current Linux Uptime: 1 day 4 hours 59 minutes.
34 > Registered Linux User: 228534
35 > Linux the Ultimate Windows Service Pack