From: Koon <koon@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] courier-imap
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:46:06
1 Tobias Weisserth wrote:
2
3 > Bugzilla doesn't contain A LOT OF vulnerabilities that have been
4 > reported to bugtraq and FD for example. I have been entering three from
5 > bugtraq during the last four days alone. Browsing bugzilla is not a
6 > solution.
7
8 It should be the solution. What we need is more systematic reports from
9 vulnerabilities published on the major lists and a faster
10 'taken-into-account' answer from the team to show appreciation. You
11 should see improvements in both areas in the near future.
12
13 In the meantime, you are more than welcome to scout bugtraq and/or FD
14 for Gentoo-applicable bugs, check for duplicates and enter them. Yes,
15 you've been entering three in the last four days alone, so it's a big
16 job, and someone has to do it.
17
18 Regular scouting would certainly make you a good candidate for the
19 official bugtraq Gentoo scout job if we decide to create one soon :)
20
21 -K
24 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list