From: Christophe Garault <christophe@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] If your interested
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:43:37
Bernhard Egger a écrit :

> exactly. I would prefer a solution where an IP is automatically blocked > for a limited amount of time after, say, 3 failed login attempts. > I don't know how to do this, but maybe somebody already has a script for > something like that?
This is exactly what fail2ban do. It's a very nice script written in python that can block an IP for an amount of time after several login attempts. It can monitor ssh and apache. Look at or directly emerge it as it is allready in Portage. I have it running for a couple of months and I must say that I'm very satisfied. -- Christophe Garault -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] If your interested Danny <dannydaemonic@×××××.com>