From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Gentoo dev sources
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:47:08
1 On Monday 23 August 2004 11:33 am, Calum wrote:
2 > On Monday 23 August 2004 16:27, you wrote:
3 > > > Are there any plans to bring all this into the 2.6 kernels, or is the
4 > > > move towards SELinux?
5 > >
6 > > Try hardened-dev-sources - they contain GRSecurity and PaX, and are
7 > > well-maintained.
8 >
9 > Thanks for that - not sure why I didn't notice that.
10 >
11 > But as a general feeling, do people feel that SELinux will become the
12 > hardening method of choice? I.e. If I have to make a choice and commit now,
13 > shall I stick with GRSec, or start looking at SE?
14
15 there doesnt seem to be any push to go just one way or the other
16
17 grsec wont be back in gentoo-dev-sources ... too much of a hassle to maintain
18 the patchsets (apply cleanly) and too many users didnt RTFM and started
19 wasting gentoo and upstream developer time ...
20 so now grsec is part of hardened and grsec sources
21 -mike
24 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list