From: Tobias Weisserth <tobias@×××××××××.de>
To: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] For folks interested in helping with gentoo security efforts
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:56:59
1 Hi Kurt,
2
3 Am Do, den 18.03.2004 schrieb Kurt Lieber um 15:17:
4 > ...
5
6 > 2) Documentation writers -- we *really* need 1 or 2 good documentation
7 > writers. Folks who know or can learn GuideXSL (if you know HTML, you
8 > can learn GuideXSL) and can help put our policies and procedures to
9 > paper so they can be published on the security page. A lot of the work
10 > here will be talking to a bunch of different folks to understand how
11 > things work currently and then compiling that in a form that is easy to
12 > understand for external users.
13
14 I'd really like to help out. Could you please send me some kind of
15 GuideXSL template how these documents look like so that I can make an
16 estimate about what is required of me?
17
18 > 4) Security bug reporters -- Folks who comb the various external lists for
19 > new security vulnerability reports and file bugs on bugs.gentoo.org so
20 > we know about them as well. We've been fortunate so far since our
21 > community has done an excellent job of this. We can always use more
22 > eyes, however. If you have very little time, this is a perfect way to
23 > help out as you don't have to be part of the official team.
24
25 I'll be sure to make mental notes whenever I see stuff that could be
26 relevant to Gentoo.
27
28 kind regards,
29 Tobias Weisserth