From: Tobias Heinlein <keytoaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Soliciting feedback for the GLSA-2 format
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 01:40:47
1 On 08.01.2014 02:14, Alex Legler wrote:
2 > Reads as follows:
3 > On hppa, there is no fixed version.
4 > On all other arches, python in slot 3.2 is fixed in >=3.2.9, affected
5 > for anything less, in the 3.3 slot, [3.3.0; 3.3.1[ and [3.3.3; 3.3.5[
6 > are affected, for the 0 slot, anything <6.3 is affected.
7
8 I fear this less commonly used interval notation may not be known to
9 some people. See [1] for an explanation.
10
11 Further notes on that:
12
13 - If no slot attribute is given, it defaults to slot 0 (same as
14 Portage).
15 - Our existing (old) scheme employs a whitelist approach: We usually
16 only have one <vulnerable> entry and then list the <unaffected> versions
17 explicitly. Our new approach works more like a whitelist; if an entry
18 without the asof attribute (and possibly without a slot attribute) is
19 given, we sort of get the old behaviour.
20
21 > - Human-readable texts reworked: Background + Description + Resolution
22 > instead of (Synopsis) + Background + Description + Impact + Resolution.
23
24 The workaround field is also gone now. We never used it anyway, and it's
25 just another human-readable field that could as well be merged with the
26 resolution field.
29 [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_(mathematics)