From: Calum <caluml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Days of yore
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:43:29
1 I remember the days, when summers were hot, winters were cold, and
2 notifications about kernel security were made using GLSAs.
3
4 Then they stopped without warning, and I posted:
5 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-security/msg_04505.xml
6 "Now that summer time and 2005.1 are over, I expect that KISS will be
7 opened soon."
8
9 I must say that at the time, I didn't put much credence in that answer.
10
11 $ emerge search kiss
12 *** Deprecated use of action 'search', use '--search' instead
13 Searching...
14 [ Results for search key : kiss ]
15 [ Applications found : 0 ]
18 In the absence of this, can I request that kernel GLSAs are started
19 back up, as it seems strange that all packages use them, except for
20 the kernel.
21
22 I run glsa-check -l | grep '\[N\]' on my boxes each night, and get the
23 results emailed to me - it would be nice to get kernel notifications
24 too.
25 We can't all "monitor the "Kernel" component of the "Gentoo Security" product."
26
27 Calum
28 --
29 http://linuxvps.org/