From: Calum <caluml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Days of yore
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:43:29
I remember the days, when summers were hot, winters were cold, and
notifications about kernel security were made using GLSAs.

Then they stopped without warning, and I posted:
"Now that summer time and 2005.1 are over, I expect that KISS will be
opened soon."

I must say that at the time, I didn't put much credence in that answer.

$ emerge search kiss
*** Deprecated use of action 'search', use '--search' instead
[ Results for search key : kiss ]
[ Applications found : 0 ]

In the absence of this, can I request that kernel GLSAs are started
back up, as it seems strange that all packages use them, except for
the kernel.

I run glsa-check -l | grep '\[N\]' on my boxes each night, and get the
results emailed to me - it would be nice to get kernel notifications
We can't all "monitor the "Kernel" component of the "Gentoo Security" product."