From: Alex Schultz <aschultz@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] [Fwd: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Automated SSH login attempts?]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:29:51
1 I'm not 100% sure, but after a quick look it appears that sshf opens up
2 the uniq.txt and then procedes to connect to every ip using test:test or
3 guest:guest. It then dumps out which of those accounts:ip worked to
4 vuln.txt. Then a person can just go through the vuln.txt and ssh and
5 perform whatever rooting they so choose.
6
7 I wonder what the "ss" program does. It's got libpcap compiled into it
8 so maybe it's some sort of sniffer and/or ip generator (creates bios.txt?).
9
10 Br0mGreV wrote:
11
12 > Hi,
13 >
14 > Does anyone started to reverse-ingineer that damn soft 'sshf'? I'm
15 > sure we can learn some information about the exploit, if we
16 > look at this file.
17 > I'll start that tommorow. Hope to give you some informations from that
18 > soon.
19 >
20 > GD
21 >