From: Chris Smith <×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 05:48:24
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 06:27, Pooh Sun Tzu wrote:
> Greetings, > I have been with gentoo for about 3 months now, but only recently > decided I needed a firewall. Don't ask, as I still feel simply not > having ports open is just as good as a firewall that blocks them. > Regardless, I would love your suggestions on firewalls avalaible for > Gentoo. Also, if you could provide a brief explaination instead of just > a name, that would make my day much easier. Thanks! > > regards, > Pooh Sun Tzu
Hi there, Something I've used on all my servers is a high-level firewall description language called "Firehol" More information about this project can be found at and perhaps it's most curious feature is with one firehol script, you can port it to many other filtering languages (i.e. iptables, pf etc...). Cheers, Chris. -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions? Chris Smith <×××××××.nz>