From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Advisory regarding the new Kernel DOS bug
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:42:52
1 On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 08:34:41AM +0200 or thereabouts, spIn wrote:
2 > I'm just wondering, why there's still no GLSA release regarding this
3 > issue.
4
5 Our kernel team is drastically understaffed at the moment. Given the ~40
6 different kernel packages we offer in our tree, it makes patching new
7 vulnerabilities difficult.
8
9 We're aware of and working on the problem, but I can't give you an ETA on
10 when you can expect to see a GLSA and/or patched kernels.
11
12 If there is anyone out there with some kernel hacking experience, Gentoo
13 can really use your help. If you're interested, please drop me a line
14 off-list and I'll put you in contact with the right people.
15
16 --kurt