From: Tobias Weisserth <tobias@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Gentoo security policy
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:43:08
1 Hello Kurt,
2
3 Am Do, den 18.03.2004 schrieb Kurt Lieber um 15:36:
4 ...
5 > A valid point and something that I forwarded on to the security team. I
6 > don't like the idea of multiple GLSAs, but I do think we should release
7 > different revisions of the same GLSA.
8
9 How about a pending section in each GLSA like SuSE puts into their
10 advisories? If there are open vulnerabilities those can just be added at
11 the end of each released GLSA as a reminder for users that these
12 problems still need to be resolved. It's an emphasiser too that Gentoo
13 is already aware of these problems and working on them. That way users
14 know that a solution is bound to come and they don't have to browse
15 Bugzilla for known and security related bugs.
16
17 regards,
18 Tobias Weisserth
21 ***************************************************