From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] org-x11 GLSA 200509-07. Is bug #96053 fixed in -r3? (black icons)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:27:44
1 On Wednesday 14 September 2005 01:28, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I'm using the workaround of manually deleting the problem patch during
3 > the build.
4 >
5 > The problem for gentoo that I see is that with the removal of -r1 (and
6 > xfree being the only viable alternative is not available either), gentoo
7 > does not have a usable desktop for those actually using it in
8 > production, so this should be viewed as a serious issue that requires
9 > active resolution - just leaving this issue in place until we catch up
10 > with upstream means this is going to become a running sore for gentoo.
11 >
12 > We (the users) need a stable, secure, and working X.
13
14 where did you get the idea, that a moving target like gentoo is apropriate for
15 a production box?
16
17 If you put gentoo onto such a box, it is your very own problem. If you want
18 total stability and a lot of testing prior a patch goes out, maybe you should
19 spent the bucks and buy SLES or RHEL
20 If something breaks with them, you have a right to whine.
21
22 Oh, and by the way: for me X is stable, secure and working - everybody has
23 different needs.
24 --
25 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list