From: Anders Bruun Olsen <anders@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Advice about security solution
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:33:25
1 On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 05:30:28PM -0500, xyon wrote:
2 > just curious, by why not use 'net-www/mod_auth_mysql' and store your
3 > users in a MySQL DB?
4
5 Because I want a single place for storing users that all services will
6 auth against, which also means ssh and so forth. I know that pam_mysql
7 will bring me most of the way, but I have my doubts about using
8 nss_mysql (which is also not in Portage). Call me crazy, but I neither
9 trust the security nor stability of mysql :)
10 Plus I already have experience with LDAP...
13 Anders
19 PGPKey: http://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD4DEFED0
20 --
21 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list