From: Oliver Schad <o.schad@×××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:35:20
Am Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2004 15:42 schrieb mir MA:
> When an exploit is found and everybody use reject more computers can be > scanned for the exploitable program/service in the same time... I don't > see why we should make it easy for the script kids...
Probably you think ICMP is dangerous too. There are a lot of brain dead admins who blocks ICMP packets and they wonder why connections to some websites are broken or if they administrate the packet filter before a webserver they wonder why some user grouches they wouldn't get a connection to the web server. mfg Oli -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions? Ryan Voots <simcop2387@×××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions? Mark Hurst <mark@××××××.net>