From: Oliver Schad <o.schad@×××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:35:20
1 Am Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2004 15:42 schrieb mir MA:
2 > When an exploit is found and everybody use reject more computers can be
3 > scanned for the exploitable program/service in the same time... I don't
4 > see why we should make it easy for the script kids...
5
6 Probably you think ICMP is dangerous too. There are a lot of brain dead
7 admins who blocks ICMP packets and they wonder why connections to some
8 websites are broken or if they administrate the packet filter before a
9 webserver they wonder why some user grouches they wouldn't get a
10 connection to the web server.
11
12 mfg
13 Oli