From: Andrew Ross <aross@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] SSH login attempts and /var/log/wtmp
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 02:07:10
1 On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 06:36, Bryan O'Shea wrote:
2 > > I haven't fully analyzed all the ssh toolkits people have provided me,
3 > > but so far I've yet to see anything other than ptrace and do_brk
4 > > vulnerabilities, and normal SSH login attempts. However, one individual
5 > > on full disclosure reported an oversized packet (?) captured with
6 > > tcpdump, which he argued is evidence of some as-yet unknown OpenSSH
7 > > vulnerability.
10 > I haven't done and detailed capturing at this point.
11 > > This is a vanilla 2004.1 install on x86, correct?
12 >
13 > Yes smp x86 box.
14
15 Bryan, what is the value of UsePAM in your sshd config file?
16
17 Cheers
18
19 Andrew