From: Eduardo Tongson <propolice@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Kernel Security + KISS
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:44:21
1 What specific kernel knowledge is needed to get a Kernel advisory up
2 and running ?
3
4 Ed
5
6 On Feb 18, 2008 1:46 AM, Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o> wrote:
7 > On Saturday 16 February 2008, Casey Link wrote:
8 > > I understand the logic behind not including kernel vulnerabilities in
9 > > regular GLSAs but in that thread
10 > > an up and coming solution (KISS) was mentioned. That was back in 2005
11 > > and now according to the Gentoo Kernel Security sub-project page the
12 > > project is stalled. Whatever happened to the KISS project?
13 > I sadly died before going live and the original kernel developer left.
14 >
15 > > I think notifying users of relevant kernel vulnerabilities is
16 > > important and I would like to help if possible. What is the current
17 > > state of things regarding kernel vulnerability reporting?
18 > I agree. However we need people with kernel knowledge and time to handle
19 > security issues for all kernel sources.
20 >
21 > Anyone interested should mail security@g.o.
22 >
23 > --