From: Lucian Pintilie <lpintilie@×××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Out of air (was: Let's blow the whistle)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:24:45
1 Peter Simons wrote:
2
3 >Dan Noe writes:
4 >
5 > > Furthermore, I am more inclined to trust Gentoo dev's
6 > > time and complexity estimates than your own.
7 >
8 >Within 1.5 years it would have been possible.
9 >Trust me on that.
10 >
11 >Peter
15 Peter,
16
17 You keep talking about 1.5 years and a simple measure you know for
18 correcting the problem. That doesn't put you in a good position either:
19 *you* also had that time to do it, and still didn't do it. Then why are
20 you shouting to the "Gentoo team"? And don't tell me they prevented you
21 from solving the problem. As someone already said: you are part of the
22 comunity and you have the power to contribute. If you repeatedly tried
23 to submit code and nobody cared, then the reasonable way to end the
24 situation is to choose another distro that best addresses your goals.
25 Should that need to be accompanied by a post to a Gentoo mailing list,
26 the tone should be different. And polite, too.
29 Lucian Pintilie
32 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list