From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] [OT?] automatically firewalling off IPs
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:52:50
1 On Tuesday 04 October 2005 03:55 am, Dave Strydom wrote:
2 > You know what would be seriously awesome, is if they have a type of RBL
3 > listing for this kind of thing, and you could just link your iptables up to
4 > the rbl listings.
5 ...
6 > I could then submit the IP address to a RBL listing site, and then all
7 > people who plugin to the rbl listing could update their firewalls with the
8 > latest listing.
9
10 This may not be the best solution pertaining to this particular thread, but
11 the following site may be of use for this kind of a thing. I would recommend
12 anyone managing a firewall to at least check it out, as it is a great
13 resource:
14 http://www.dshield.org/
15
16 If you wanted to perhaps ban the most popular (not to mention annoying) script
17 kiddies (or ban and not log), you could write some form of a script that
18 could just grab and parse one of these feeds:
19 http://www.dshield.org/feeds_doc.php
20
21 Then add some rules to your firewall, using whatever means necessary.
22
23 HTH,
24
25 Robert