From: Benjamin Jury <benjamin.jury@××××.com>
To: "'daniel.heemann@×××.de'" <daniel.heemann@×××.de>, gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-security] Built in integrity?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:45:54
1 > > If I put myself in the attackers perspective, I would never compile
2 > > exploit source code on a cracked server. I would use
3 > obfuscated binaries,
4 > > nothing else, as this would further lessen the odds of discovery.
5 > Hmm, let's say the attacker gains access to the machine, the
6 > firewall blocks
7 > all binary transfer (I know uuencode/decode, but lets think
8 > the attacker is
9 > not in the position to transfer executables onto the
10 > compromised system,
11 > perhaps he can't transfer any files) and the attacker only
12 > needs 10 lines
13 > of c-code to exploit the kernel or whatever - don't worry
14 > about if he can
15 > compile the 10 lines or not?
16 > Perhaps also the system runs on alpha hardware but the
17 > attacker only has x86
18 > binaries etc..
19
20 If you have access to a shell you can upload any file\application.
21
22 http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22uudecode+executable%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF
23 -8&oe=UTF-8&selm=1993Mar7.050518.15646%40freenet.carleton.ca&rnum=1
26 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list