From: abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] gpg-agent not setting environment correctly.
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:22:51
1 Hello,
2
3 I am trying to setup KMail to use GnuPG. I have emerged unstable gnupg
4 (1.9.19), gpg-agent (1.9.19) and pinentry (0.7.2-r1). I am now trying to
5 setup gpg-agent and have followed documentation on gentoo site but the
6 problem is that even after setting the agent-startup.sh the way it explains,
7 the environment is not getting updated. I get the following results when
8 trying to know about gpg agent's env
9
10 $ $GPG_AGENT_INFO
11 bash: /tmp/gpg-roleYu/S.gpg-agent:8297:1: No such file or directory
12
13 Now, even though gpg-agent is working as daemon, KMail asks for password
14 everytime I try to send a signed mail and complains that gpg-agent is not
15 running. I have googled but can not find a solution so if someone who is
16 running KMail and gpg-agent could give some insights then I will be highly
17 thankful.
18
19 Abhay
20 --