From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: Kevin van Haaren <kevin@×××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] System knockout :-(
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 16:38:40
1 Kevin van Haaren <kevin@×××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 [ ... ]
4
5 > Hmm, this brings forth the question how (and how often) do others
6 > backup their systems?
7
8 I use bontmia (glastree over the network, time-based snapshots using
9 hardlinks) to make daily backups from the machine housing $HOME to
10 another machine. every week or so, backup goes to DVDs, and things
11 get mirrored over the network to work as well.
12
13 > (perhaps should be moved from the security list, although backups
14 > are an essential part of security). I've got an old OnStream ADR
15 > drive I want to get working on my Gentoo server (using AMANDA) but
16 > haven't had time to mess around with it lately (fatal last words I
17 > guess).
18
19 these days, tapes are very rarely the best solution available.
22 Terje
25 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list